9.4.06

Discipline is a vehicle for joy



I admit to being quiet here for sometime, having suspended a daily diary discipline, though I have been writing nearly daily and continue to work on a larger as yet unidentifiable work based on poetry/lyrics- suspending my desire to define what it may become, and keeping some of that creative meat out of the blog.

As evidenced by these stellar pics, our garden is rockin’. When these Moon pains have passed I plan to launch a bee photo vigil. We have a particularly enormous bumble bee who visits the front garden in the late afternoon. I like to think he is the same bee, and even the same bee from last year- our five o’clock bumblebee. Yesterday I attempted to photo the many honey bees, but the breezes kept the fuzzy purple salvia blooms waving, and it was truly impossible to capture the bees’ delicious and gentle roostings.





"All the universe is one bright pearl," said the Zen Master Dogen. "Even in the black mountain cave of demons, complete freedom is working."

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog! I'm envious of the garden - we're only just getting started here in Canada.

    (& Your bumble bee is almost certainly a girl - boy bees are much more temporary, hives are almost entirely made of sister bees).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me,
    Thanks! Ah, you are the bug guy, yes? As summer creeps up so early here, I forget that it is spring in northern climes!

    ReplyDelete