28.12.05

Craftiness

I've decided to journal everyday with disregard to content, much to my readers’ chagrin, I imagine. But I don’t have a big audience here, so this little enterprise is simply for me. If you stumble in here and find nothing useful, or find it all interminably boring, surf on! I’ve taken to the idea of keeping a Crafty Journal, detailing what I do each day. A noticing practice. So now this blog is morphing into something more along the lines of a Guitar Craft Journal. I am a singer and not a guitarist, nor am I a Crafty and I have not studied with Robert Fripp nor with any of the Crafty Guitarists, but I have long been inspired by the work of Robert Fripp and his musical compatriots as well as his Guitar Craft teachings and philosophies. To learn more about the aims of Journaling, check out the Guitar Craft site (follow the link over there to the left).

Morning:
Arose late. Morning tea in the new Solstice Earthenware Cat Cup. Stellar. Various emails, journaling, surfings etc. Reschedule of coaching session, giving me a welcome extra practice day. Trepidations about approaching New England trip keeping me up at night, made worse by encroaching Moontime. I am a slow goer in the morning, hmmm.

I notice when I release something I have been holding that I did not need, that the Universe steps right in and fills the gap with new and unexpected goodies. Even something as mundane as clearing files and bookmarks from my computer clears space for new energy.

Donning Working Jammies. I at least have to get out of Sleeping Jammies and get into Working Jammies. I cannot stand to be in uncomfortable clothing. I am fine in fabulous, fun Bohemian Diva Garb outside home, but as soon as I walk in the door, it’s tanks and sweats.

Spending working mornings with my husband is always a treat. Since we both work from home (mostly) we are in each other’s company, yet separate and whirring away at our own projects.

For Solstice, my friend Neil gave me a delightful book by Wendy Froud to add to my books of Faeries. It just doesn’t get better than that.

Afternoon:
A long re-steeping of Golden Yunnan during Zazen, then on to practice.
Made my own cool set of Brain Eno and Peter Schmidt’s Oblique Strategies. In my practice space today: ‘Fill every beat with something’.
Off to meet for project discussions.

Early Evening:
Fruitful brainstorming session. Dinner of homemade black-eyed peas and brown rice (yum). Dying my hair to rid myself of the Ten Tenacious Greys. Damn them. Emails, 'net research. Peppermint tea making.

Evening:
Dave at volleyball. Zazen. Evening practice. Unexpected phone chat and artsy pep talk with Neil. More practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment