30.12.05

Her Eminence: The Creatrix

Before figuring out what was going on physiologically, a woman’s Moontime was considered tremendously Powerful. Females are the only beings that can bleed for 7 days continually and not die. The roots of the separation of the sexes during Cycle Time was grounded in this honor for Power. Women gathered together to celebrate their Power, take a much needed break from community life and child-rearing, and reconnect with themselves and each other.

For many, many years I have honored this time as a reminder of my unique femaleness and my ability to create new life- whether literally or figuratively. I have enjoyed the bittersweet feeling of my hormones changing, and surging, and my body ovulating. The pain of the undulations of my uterus is a reminder of the Creative Force present in all life of which my body enjoys a fleeting spark. In the weeks preceding my quite (always been) irregular Moontime, I tend to get increasingly focused, very productive, and wonderfully creative. As usual during this time, I’ve been experiencing that intensity in my continued practice schedule, organizing my studio space, creating a gift set, as well as my own set of Oblique Strategies, the amount of journaling I’ve been doing (including transforming this blog into its own daily practice), and finally adding a long overdue Sitting practice to my life.

A woman’s Blood is her connection to all other women who she shares her life with and who have come before her and who will carry on after her. Her Moontime connects her to to the Spirit of Creation: The Creatrix. Celebrate your Power and swear your Moon Blood on sacred objects. Mark your cycles in your Blood on parchment, or fine decorative papers. Find a beautiful cloth, consecrate it, and allow your Blood to flow upon it during meditation or quiet sitting time. Find a calm, private place outside in your backyard perhaps, and allow your blood to run on the Earth. These are Powerful, Powerful acts. These are acts of respect for yourself, your body, your innate creative nature, respect for women who have given birth, for women who have died in childbirth, for women who have chosen not to birth children but Mother a creative or professional life, for women how have adopted children; respect for your sisters, friends, mothers, grandmothers, aunts, both alive and great-great-great, respect for all women everywhere, ever. Your Moontime is what you share with every woman who has ever lived. It is the essence of what makes you physically female. It is your Birthright to draw on this Power from the Great Mystery of the Cycle of Life.

Slow down, relax, let go, allow, accept, nurture and love yourself. Let the field be fallow…make space for new growth. I think, for me today, this actually means napping and coach potato-ing.
..................................................................................
Morning:
Early morning, feed furries, Meowzie happily out on the prowl, tea in Solstice Cat Cup, beginning of a long 24-48 hours of painful cramps: a reminder to slow, take a break, nurture, and love myself, more journaling, and online contemporary role research.

I had put away Amour viens aider ma faiblesse for maybe a month? Yesterday with Roger it was totally rockin’ (if such things rock- well, they rock for me!) - never,
never underestimate the power of taking a break
Evening:
Day spent slothing about. Very painful and achey and nauseous. Difficult. Vertical movement not optional. Kitty hotpad welcome.
Managed a very brief practice time.

No comments:

Post a Comment