29.12.05

Her Imminence

Morning:
Golden Yunnan in the Solstice Cat Cup. Emails, surfings, fiddling with my blog template. Feeling like that is a pointless waste of time. Mooncycle imminent, a hint today. Finally. Sluggish, uncomfortable. Workouts suspended until Mooncycle comes and goes, too painful. Working Jammies on.

Afternoon:
Oblique Strategy random pick: ‘Not building a wall. Making a brick’. Love it! On display in practice space.
Second long steeping of Golden Yunnan during Zazen, then on to warm-up and Afternoon Practice.

Making some good headway on the Rossini cadenzas. There is actually light at the end of the tunnel! It is amazing what happens when I cease to be afraid or intimidated by something and simply take it on in manageable increments.

3:30pm - Cat to the vet, chin skin condition returning, not bad, but I feel like I must keep on top of it. She said to keep an eye on it, but no treatment at this moment. Good news. Chlorhex is suspected to have caused the bad skin reaction that led to the infection and the hair loss. Beware the Chlorhex scrub cat parents! Vet recommends a couple of drops of Rescue Remedy in kitty water bowl for stress- I think I shall partake of some as well!

Late Afternoon:
Off to coaching with Roger and much singing.
Fantastic coaching today. Gobs of fun singing and learning. Marvelous-ness a-plenty.

Evening:
Wholefoods shop and now on to making homemade tomato-beet-veggie soup. Yum. Achy. Backache. Mooncycle on the morrow. Finally. Am trying Rescue Remedy myself and adding a couple drops to kitty water bowl- we’ll see how that goes.
Evening Sitting.
Break from Evening Practice tonite. Time with Dave, kitties, and the delight of watching an episode of PBS Mystery! Brother Cadfael which I absolutely adore. I have a weak spot for medieval herbalist monks solving crimes. What can I say?

Just watched a video clip of Brad Warner’s punk band ODFX. You’ll find it by going over to the right there and clicking on the Hardcore Zen link. I don’t know what to say about punk except we all could use a good shot of that attitude. I want the music that I write to have that attitude, even if it is much, much more docile sounding, and I want my classical singing to have that attitude as well. It’s the same reason I adore Diamanda Galas. It’s not the music so much that appeals to me, but the Spirit of it that is so real, raw and powerful. Gimme me somma that!

A little wine with dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment