6.12.10

Be creative

"Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use?" (Reverb10, reflect & manifest)

Besides these blog posts of late, I'm in the midst of creating some luscious new translations inspired by late 19th and early 20th century French poems, for an upcoming art song program at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston. What materials?: My noggin & computer. 

I made baguettes from scratch for Thanksgiving. They turned out ok, even if they were a bit too crunch-ay. Flour, water, yeast, elbow grease. It was super fun and now I'm obsessed with perfecting the recipe.

I made an opera with my company. I wrote the libretto and an amazing composer set it to music. Dreamy.

Ingredients:

passion vision vision vision practice practice practice practice practice music words commitment disciple planning laser focus 2 singers a dancer 2 actors a lighting gal a set created by a sculptor costumes from a pacific northwest designer & headpieces inspired by victorian sea fairies paper ribbons plastic wrap fellow artists who believe boundlessly in you friends supporters sharers in the experience before during after and along the way blood sweat tears and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of love...

Divergence Vocal Theater, "Selkie, a sea tale" November 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment