7.12.10

Community

Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011? (Reverb10: reflect & manifest)

I continue to discover community through my work as a performing artist and with the people who are supportive of me, supportive of my colleagues -- and each of us, all supportive of each other. Through performance making we are building community and that is super exciting. 

The looping reciprocity of energy is what drives creativity... it's what makes the arts possible, what makes the arts relevant. It's not really what the work is, but who I do the work with and my passion for sharing my artistic vision with others... and that is what builds community, slowly, one relationship at a time...

My most intimate community consists of close friends and inspirers I like to exchange yummy energy with on a regular basis.

I've also discovered a new community of brilliant creative folk, by having started my MFA in Interdisciplinary Arts at Goddard College.

I want to continue to cultivate creative, engaging, powerful relationships with inspiring peers...


No comments:

Post a Comment