9.1.06

Name that Tune

Morning:
Gray. Cold. Tired.
Chai Tea at Starbucks.
Finally a plan: Mum goes in tomorrow with procedure on Wednesday. A relief for everyone, I think. Waiting is always worse than doing, and now the waiting, at least, has a time table. Trip extended.
Sun peeking out. I am feeling colder and colder.

Afternoon:
Tummy all a-jumble. This usually happens when I travel, and I was doing pretty good tummy-wise til today. Another Bad-Idea nap, though it must be needed.

Early Eve:
5pm: pitch like midnite outside. Must find some tea.
Some Radical Ipod Listening Practice and aaaahhhhhhhh: tea. Now I understand why the heavy taxation of tea was the last straw for the Colonists.

In reading Ananzi Boys: the theme of bringing Life forth into Creation with earth, sweat, blood, and Naming:
The Song: The Uni-verse.
It really struck me, this Naming thing. Saying aloud what you want to create gives it Life. Naming the aim. Naming the intention. Before the Naming there may be form, but the Spark of Life comes from speaking aloud, singing Creation into Being. Creation Spirituality has a lovely phrase: that we are Co-Creators with God. I was and am often afraid to say aloud what I want....and that, too, that is changing.

Cultivating Fearlessness


Evening:
Peppermint tea with Mum and her beau Larry. Such bright spirits they are!

Zazen before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment