22.1.06

Yesterday

Keeping a daily journal of noticings over these past few weeks has been powerful and transformational. It puts me squarely in front of my day-to-day minutia, and thus, nose to nose with my reactions to the ever-morphing landscape of life. When I read back over a week’s postings, I feel very disconnected emotionally from most of my writing, almost as though I am reading the thoughts and experiences of a stranger. If I do not identify with these emotional fluctuations in hindsight, why, then do I cling so to them when they are happening?

I am surprisingly inspired when reading over this past week’s posts.

2 Intentions for Journaling:

Reflection: Use some weekend time to re-read my posts.

Acceptance: No editing. I have not, since I began a daily practice of recording my noticings, edited any content. What I find important to write down, stays in print, and I don’t allow myself to delete it later because I don’t like it, am shocked by it, think it’s silly, etc.
……………………………

A Little listening practice and a very little singing. My voice is still tired. Must take a day or two off. As soon as I got back from that trip I was like a bat out of hell and just sang way too much :( poop. Lost balance.

……………………………………………………….

Zazen

……………………..

Hmmm….it occurs to me that I may actually be burned out. Hmmm…

No comments:

Post a Comment