4.1.06

Through repetition the magic is forced to rise

Morning:
This is happening in my life. Big time. I’m feeling like in order to get the Universe to hold up Its end of the bargain, the amount of energy I have to put into my life is, well, intense. Then again, the Universe is an intense thing and an intense place, and clearly not designed for slackers. It won’t ask anything of you that It wouldn’t be prepared to do itself.
Simplicity and Repetition. Repeat. Simplicity and Repetition.

Ok, I know I had this quote posted already, but golly I like it. And, well, posting it again, is simplicity and repetition, is it not? I also made another cool inspiring little bit of art for my desktop with Fripp aphorisms and a Graeme Base pic. Too cool.

The Solstice Possum visited us again last night and partook of the very ripe tomatoes we left out for him! Yeah!

Late Morning/Afternoon:
Practice.

I’ve noticed that if I become emotionally involved in the execution/performance of a piece, it all goes to hell in a handbasket. As soon as I feel that adrenaline rushing, tummy tickling, ‘oh, I am so into this’, I am headed toward trouble fo' sure. Ego jumps out into Look at Me: I’m Acting Mode. Getting in the way. Much about keeping the lid on the intense, low simmer, keeping the power of laser-beam focus, being the battleship.

Afternoon:
Off to coaching with Herr R today and a swing by TALA to pick up info on forming an arts nonprofit. Preparations continue for NE. More CD cataloging.

Coaching rocked. Sang my ass off.


Very tired and rundown feeling. Ugh. Skipping the run for vit C’s, echinacea and zinc suckies. Armed with the neti pot.

Evening:
Packing, laundry, etc. Ick. Too much zinc, methinks- tummy not so good.

Late Zazen, which was more like sitting in a Zazen posture with Baby Cat circling and yowling until I’d pet him. Well, that was Zen today. The Universe wanted to express itself as someone sitting with a cat yowling at them. That someone happened to me moi. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment