18.1.06

Swing Wide the Door

Morning:
Tea, reading.

Afternoon:
Short Practice & listening practice.

I love how learning a new song is like unlocking a portal to a new Universe, solving a riddle that opens the gate, placing the last piece to a mysterious puzzle- and a new world opens.
First the aperture is only ajar, and I can barely see light peeking through, and as I am able to swing wider the opening, all manner of treasures and delights are at my disposal: all for me to explore, choose among, taste, touch, wear, languish in, hold, let go…

…………………………………………………………………………
Zazen

Vox lesson- most excellent!

Run@Memorial Park with new sneaks. Glorious Day.

On a day like today it is so easy to be all Zen-Blissed out. No emotional challenges. No personal trials. Only beautiful blue sky all windy sunny cloudlessness-ah….I am both me and you, and the sky and wind, and running trail and the water fountain, and the doggies there; and I am at the top of the mountain solitude looking down, I am both what is high and what is low and I can see ‘for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles…

Being this when I most need it, though, I cannot do- yet.

Evening:
Dave@V-ball

Practice

Zazen

Practice

Well, it sure looks like a heavy practice day, but hasn’t felt like it. I did a lot of listening and some more solving-unlocking of yet another new song. But the neighbor upstairs, who is never, never home, has decided to inhabit her abode this evening, and I can’t very well sing under her without surely driving her nuts. I do hope she is not planning to make a habit of actually living in her apartment.

Veggie Stew in the crockpot.

No comments:

Post a Comment