7.1.06

You Gotta Serve Somebody…

Last Nite:
Ah…relief…hotel bed and roomy shower. Pea discovered under mattress at Mum’s- I am revealed as a real live Princess! And they didn’t believe me! :o. Hi-speed internet for D's work- welcome respite for him from spending the day at Starbucks.

So, how and/or who do I serve? If where you are going is how you get there, you are already where you are going. My how stuff was going just peachy until faced with an actually, real-life, honest-to-goodness emotional challenge. Isn’t that always the case? Easy to find peace all alone at the top of the mountain, but engage in the world and that is where the practice comes alive. I’m not doin’ so good on the fellow man front right now. Apparently, I still suck at that.

An exhausted Zazen before bed.

Today, Morning:
Delicious sleep. Tea. Sunny cold day. Still waiting on surgery date for Mum- will not know until Monday, likely to be scheduled late Jan-Early Feb. She is doing well physically, is unadmittedly stressed about the immanent procedure, but in freakishly high spirits as usual. She is a remarkable woman.

Feeling less like a struggling fish caught in a net and more like a surfer: found a very cool, small holistic market with veggie café (table service, even!). Resistance is futile. Struggle and rejection yields nothing but more of the same. Find the wave and ride it. Recognizing the unfamiliar wave is the challenge. I was riding a nice long fabulous wave at home that had become quite familiar territory. Flying up here, I paddled out and caught another, and became misguided that I was applying the same surfing principles, when I was repeatedly falling off the board.

Zazen.

Afternoon:
Nap. I never take naps. Today I did. Groggy reminder of why I never take naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment